Griffin Sling HW is an effective, simple and reliable two-point sling, originally designed for a special military client. The HW (heavyweight) Griffin Sling features chonky closed cell foam padding, designed for comfortable carry of sniper rifles and light machine guns. Check out the LW version if you prefer minimalist design, or the MW if you want just a little bit of width and padding.
The heart of the Griffin Sling is proprietary rapid adjustment slider. Quick, effortless adjustment provides easy transition between carry-shoot-carry etc. in all conditions. World is full of sling adjustment buckles, and most of them are pretty good too. Savotta chose to design its own adjustment hardware due to these simple reasons: 1) It should be solid metal without any moving parts, 2) it should have proper serrations and protrusions for gripping, 3) it must be be grip tab compatible for use with winter handwear and 4) it should preferably be made in Finland. If you hate the webbing grip tab, or just don’t need it or whatever, you can cut it off. The serrated sides and protruding webbing attachment point offer good grip as is.
Savotta manufactures this product in Finland and Estonia. Country of manufacture is labeled to the product.
- Two-point sling for sniper rifles and machine guns
- Thick and firm 65 x 10 mm closed cell foam pad
- All metal hardware (steel and aluminium)
- Rapid adjustment slider with webbing grip tab
- Forward pull lengthens sling and moves support hand forward
- Front rapid adjustment loop can be adjusted to preferred length
- A continuous piece of 25 mm / 1” webbing runs through the whole sling
- The ends of the sling form 25 mm / 1” webbing loops for universal attachment
- 5 year material and workmanship warranty
As this is a simple two-point sling you don’t need to play around with numerous ends of webbing, just two. The 25 mm / 1 ” webbing fits most sling swivels and mounting hardware out there. Savotta makes these with long enough webbing ends to reach around most people.
1. Open up the rear webbing loop by threading the webbing end out through the steel tri-glide buckle. Loop the webbing through the sling swivel, buckle, stock or what ever attachment point you are using on the rear of your firearm. Rethread the webbing through the buckle and do a U-turn to lock it into place.
2. Open up the front quick adjustment webbing loop and remove the steel tri-glide from the webbing. Loop the webbing trough your front sling swivel or buckle, reattach the steel tri-glide and loop the webbing around the rapid adjustment slider and back through the steel tri-glide.
3. Try playing around with different adjustment lengths to the front and rear. When you’ve found the suitable setting you can then roll and tape the excess webbing ends into neat bundles. Or, if you dare, cut and burn them.
185 cm (loosened to max. length)
500D Cordura (100% polyamide)
Rapid adjustment slider: